Why do I start writing a blog? Well, I see a few reasons:
- From time to time I get e-mails with questions about my research or regarding my opinion. Sometimes, these are quite good and valid questions, yet I feel that it would be useful to document and/or share the answers. A blog would be a great place to do so.
- Sometimes, I feel like explaining why I think a certain paper from our research group is cool, and explain more broadly what it implies. There is not really space in a scientific, peer-reviewed manuscript to do so. So a blog may do well in such added information.
- Sometimes I come across something curious that I like to share. Just a bit of insight, not enough for a paper. But enough for a blog post.
- I’ll also use it to post some activities regarding my field of research, like when we organize another workshop or a block course on thermodynamics. A blog may work well for this as well.
- There may be other reasons too, but I cannot think of it right now.
So I’ll try this out and see how it goes. My focus here is to be objective and scientific, not opinionated. My approach, just as my research, is from physics and thermodynamics.
Any feedback is very welcome! I may need some time to get back to it though, so I apologize for any delays in advance.